Work through the old musictracker issues, looking for ones with patches attached, applying and testing them. Lots of stuff:
- patch from chet.the.gray for Listen player support (#13)
- patch from puthali.HB for Last.fm feed support (#48)
Last.fm feed stuff needs some work.... breaks player autodetection at the moment if a last.fm account name is set, perhaps it should look at timestamp and infer off it is more than 5 minutes (configurable?) in the past; the parsing looking for a non-standard hyphen character separating artist and title in the feed data is also questionable.
- patch from patrick.dessalle for Audacious 1.4 support (#86)
- patch from hyperair for Banshee 1.0 support (#87)
- patch from thelrix for XMPP user tune support (#96)
- patch from ZeeGeek for XMMS2 player support (#121)
XMMS2 patch is a bit problematic in that it wants to directly link with xmmsclient library, which gives us a built-time dependency on it. Rejig the autoconfiscation slightly so we can build without it being present, but this still has the problem that binaries which are built with the xmmsclient support have a run-time dependency on it. Should use dlopen/dlsym (as xmms1 support does) to avoid depending on presence of library? (otherwise pidgin can't load it if the library is absent)
- Improve "Toggle status changing" action so it has a dynamic menu item which reflects the current Enabled/Disabled state (#39), based on a patch by TorresMAT
pidgin core doesn't provide a way to do this directly, so this involves some kludging, but it's so needed, an action to toggle with no way of knowing if we are currently on or off is just confusing
- Rhythmbox: Slightly improve the way we report information for streams (#35), based on a patch by eemil.lagerspetz
- Winamp: don't screw up titles which contain hyphens, try to still do something useful with streams (#59) based on a patch by leonardo.monteiro.fernandes
Winamp player code has some crazy stuff to try to guess the title from the winamp window title when we are playing a stream; sadly this screws up if their is a hypen in the title, which seems to cause lots of people problems; Streams are generally problematic as they probably only have a streamtitle, not all the fields we expect from a mp3....
- amarok: Check for running dcopserver to avoid problems when dcop blocks for long enough that we appear to hang pidgin (#68), Don't spam stderr with "call failed" errors from trying to dcop amarok
Not quite able to reliably reproduce the problem case, although I have seen it occasionally: if there is no dcopserver running, sometimes 'dcop' blocks for a while before reporting failure; unfortunately this seems to be the same or longer than our player check interval so we hang pidigin. Othertimes dcop returns immediately with an error, can't quite work out what causing the difference.